Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Prize!



Sadly, after the trip on the steam engine in Colorado, we knew we had to get back to reality, so we began to head east.

It had been a wonderful trip, filled with fun adventure and new discoveries beyond our expectations. The trip home would be long, 2150 miles to be exact; we made plans to make it back home in four days, taking us from Colorado to Texas to Missouri to Ohio and finally Connecticut.

So off we drove through the mountains to the plains of the dry state of Oklahoma. We had stopped in Weatherford, OK on the way out and knew we would pass through it again that first day of our trip back. We stopped for gas and to have a yummy lunch at Lucille's Roadhouse, where the locals eat. It was crowded with men in cowboy hats and oil service workers enjoying burgers and fried chicken, all served with a smile and a "How y'all doin' today?"

Just as we were getting back into the car, I spotted a shop next door called "Boot-tique". I told
John I just wanted to check and see if they had the elusive cowboy boots I had been looking for at every stop along the way for over four weeks.

Well let me tell you, I was in luck. Lo and behold, there they were! A beautiful pair of size 7 boots with my name on them. A lovely shade of tan with stitching in a perfect shade of turquoise. I tried them on and they fit to a tee. Comfy and ready to live in Connecticut.

So back in the car with my new boots, we continued on our way, happy and grateful to have been able to take such a trip. 7,200 miles together in the Edge.

And guess what? We're still happily married.

No comments:

Post a Comment